Wednesday 9 March 2011

Cuts, death by a thousand cuts

Well, you read the news, don't you? You know what's going on. You know that the banks have royally fucked up and that you, me, the public sector worker and the mortgage payer are footing the bill while they keep getting (I don't say earning) their bonuses.

I won't go into detail here in case I say something that identifies my force, but it feels like the place is being gutted up the middle, like the next email we get from senior management will say something like, "please hand in the pennies you find underneath your desk because we need them."

It doesn't seem to have impacted front-line response policing yet, but it's a hair's breadth away.

Upon which... I'm clearly biased because of the job that I do, but I happen to think that front-line response policing is the most important thing we do and should be the last bastion against cuts.

Am I wrong? Honest opinions please.

No comments:

Post a Comment